5.9K views

My husband and I bought our new Legacy mobile home in March. The sales people were awesome up until the point when we signed the final paperwork. It has been a headache ever since!! When we called to get answers on delivery and setup they kept blaming the delay on the rain. It hadn't rained in a week. It took almost two weeks for them to finish setting up the house after delivery and another 2 weeks to get our air conditioner hooked up. I was just thankful that it wasn't hot outside.

Every time we call we get the same excuses and/or answer.....Let me check on that and I'll call you back. They never call back!!!!!! Not once have they ever called us back!!!!! They don't even bother to call and set up appointments with you so you will be at the house. They call when they are almost at the house and expect you to be able to just drop whatever you are doing.

During the sales process I asked 5 TIMES if the skirting was included in the price of the home. I was told 5 TIMES that yes it is included. Guess what? It actually wasn't!!!! I was suppose to use our allowance for "hook-ups" (which to me means water, electric and septic) for the skirting. They conveniently left that part out, so now I'm stuck having to pay $800 for an outside company to do my skirting.

Everyone in that office has an attitude problem, especially Tobi Gardner and Robin. I've been strung along, lied to and hung up on when I call to discuss our problems. I've asked for the corporate phone number 3 times and have been told that the owner works in our sales office. The "owner" Brandon Stanley, is also conveniently never available to talk to.

It has been 3 months now and they are just now coming out "supposedly" in two days, to do our repair work. I will keep you posted on how that goes. I don't have very high hopes.

Jana Morazzano

Comments

Wondering how everything worked out for you Jana?

LOSERS HERE IN ASHBORO N.C MIKE PARLIER STOLE MONY FOR HOUSE SETUP,10 MONTHS STILL WAITING FOR COMPLETION,CRAIG LYNCH NEW G.M IS WORSE THAN MIKE,TOLD ME HE WASNT GONNA BE ABLE TO MAKE ME HAPPY AND FINISH THIS MESS,HE PUSHED ME AFTER I ASKED WHERE MY HANDICAP RAMP WAS WENT TO HIS TRUCK,PASSENGER SIDE AS IF TO GRAB A WEAPON,WAS MACED AND STRUCK WITH CRUTCH,WENT TO CHATHAM COUNTY SHERIFF TO TAKE OUT PAPERS WAS LAUGHED OFF,DEPUTY CALLED AND TOLD ME TO COME DRAW WARRENT AGAINST HIM I SAID I AM GROWN *** MAN,JUST WANT MY HOUSE FINISED,NO TIME TO FINISH HOUSE BUT PLENTY OF TIME TO PLAY *** GAMES,{{Redacted}}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEGACY
Legacy Housing Verified Representative

This review has nothing to do with Legacy the manufacturer. We manufacture the home, not sell to consumers or handle anything regarding the sale of home to customers. Hopefully they were able to get your home fixed though!

to LEGACY #1591444

*** up. Junk sales. You ought to be ashamed of legacy mobile homes

Thanks forReview

I wish I had read your review before I bought my Legacy home. The overall construction work is shoddy to say the least.

I was told by Texas Home Outlet that Legacy would repair the tile which was coming up throughout the home, the trim that was pulling away from every doorway but nothing was ever done. I also would not ever recommend this company to anyone.

to Patricia #1564918

Hopefully that’s a class action lawsuit in the near future. Every dealer that carries this crap has tile issues.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD CONTACT NUMBER FOR LEGACY? THEIR WEBSITE HAS ONE BUT NO ONE EVER ANSWERS!

to Anonymous #1399416

Same number as SNAP Benefits

to Anonymous #1438008

Federal Investors...same people! 888-632-4301Otherwise contact Texas Dept of Savings & Mortgage Lending...if they can't help they should be able to give you contact info for them.

to Anonymous #1564921

Federal Investors is a Legacy company. Predatory lending at its finest.

to Anonymous #1482483

I’ve got all #s. they showed up finally to do repairs today.

And did terrible work. We have got 4 or 5 homes so far and they are all put together with poor craftsmanship. We are not happy. Not very good business.

These comments from everyone are not gonna go in noticed.

Need help with anything like skirting or questions about mobile homes, be glad to help you guys. I’m in Lubbock tx

its been almost a year for me and legacy still has not come out to finish the issues that were suppose to be done at move in!!!!

Liars, who hide behind arbitration lawyers, the father teaches the son the same practices to gain customer confidence. Promises the world and delivers a unit that falls apart in two years after the so called warranty runs out.

Then they hide behind their expensive lawyer after refusing to fix anything. This is the worst mobile home Company in West Texas. Worst customer care in West Texas! Buyers beware and shop someone else!

Don't get taken in like we did. Paid for a home with cash no interest payment, this upset them. It took half a year to get the home finished. Then find out they put in the wrong equipment.

Never returns any phone calls. Owner of legacy is the same owner of Bell Mobile Homes. Stop stuffing his pockets with your money and doing business with these crooks. Already they threatened to sue me over Liable for speaking the truth.

Bell and Legacy are owned by this man. Ken Shipley, the lowest snake of them all.

to Anonymous Decatur, Texas, United States #1353784

Do what I did. I wrote my congressman, the atty general, mt governer and state representative.

Send it all certified letter. I was fortunate Kay Baey Hutchinsons office got right on it. Sent out a certified professional mobile home inspector out. Of coarse Legacy blamed it all on the guy who sold it to me and they both passed the buck.

Well they both had to work togetber to some what fix my home.

I am still trying to fix both their damages they done to my new home. And its been 9 years still repairing it myself.

I can vouch for the "let me check on that" and not calling back. Most of my problems have come from the dealer and not from Legacy themselves.

Were having same prob. But we been fighting with them a year at Elreno homes roof leaks doers won't close messed up carpet when set up paneling don't match to much to mention and haven't fixed nothing.

to Anonymous Dallas, Texas, United States #1207257

Are you one of the many clients dissatisfied with your manufactured home built by Legacy Housing? Interested in a class action law suit?

We are compling names.

Please email us at actionagainstlegacyhousing@yahoo.com or find us on facebook at "Action Against Legacy Housing". Please give us a breif decription of your complaints and your best contact information.

to Action Against Legacy Housing #1420481

Kevin Avery @210)204-3467. Rotting, weathered insulation installed in all FEMA units.

I worked there 9 months. I have much to tell.

All complaints from consumers are 100 % accurate. Call me

to Action Against Legacy Housing #1448570

very interested and i would like to add my name